Miss any of the NBA playoff games on Saturday? Don’t need all that filler and just want the facts? Check out these capsule recaps from day one of the NBA playoffs where the top seeded teams were tested and one top seed lost at home.
Game one: (8) Indiana Pacers vs. (1) Chicago Bulls, United Center
- Final score: Bulls 104, Pacers 99.
- Chicago rallies from 10-point deficit in fourth quarter.
- Bulls’ Derrick Rose: 39 points, six rebounds, six assists.
- Pacers’ Danny Granger: 24 points, six rebounds, three assists.
- Key stats: Chicago outrebounded Indiana 49 to 34 and got to the free throw line 32 times to the Pacers’ 17.
- “We knew it was going to be a hard game,” Rose said. “From the beginning I guess we weren’t prepared for it. Next time I think we’ll be ready.”
- “This one hurts real bad,” Roy Hibbert said.
- Bulls lead series 1-0. Next game Monday April 18 at 9:30PM EST in Chicago.
Game one: (2) Miami Heat vs. (7) Philadelphia 76ers, AmericanAirlines Arena
- Final score: Heat 97, 76ers 89.
- Miami was down by 14 in the first quarter.
- Heat’s LeBron James: 21 points, 14 rebounds, five assists.
- 76ers’ Jrue Holiday: 19 points, five rebounds, five assists.
- Key stats: Miami went to the free throw line 39 times, while the 76ers went to the free throw line 15 times. Miami outrebounded Philadelphia 52 to 39.
- “I was just reading the game, getting off the ball a lot, just trying to read how they defended me so at that moment I thought I would get a little aggressive,” Wade said.
- “It looked like they were going to run us out,” Collins said. “But we fought back.”
- Heat leads series 1-0. Next game Monday April 18 at 7PM EST in Miami
Game one: (4) Orlando Magic vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks, Amway Center
- Final score: Hawks 103, Magic 93.
- Magic swept the Hawks in last season’s playoff.
- Magic’s Dwight Howard: 46 points, 19 rebounds, one block.
- Hawks’ Joe Johnson: 25 points, five rebounds, five assists.
- Key stats: Orlando committed 18 turnovers. Orlando outrebounded Atlanta 40 to 29.
- “No question it’s different (from last year),” Horford said. “We’re a different team this year. This year we feel much more confident.”
- “I can’t really put a finger on it right now,” Nelson said.
- Hawks lead series 1-0. Next game Tuesday April 19 at 7:30PM EST in Orlando.
Game one: (3) Dallas Mavericks vs. (6) Portland Trail Blazers, American Airlines Center
- Final score: Mavericks 89, Blazers 81.
- Dallas missed 10 consecutive shots in 11 minutes after building a 10-point lead. Mavericks’ Dirk Nowitzki scored 18 of his 28 points in the fourth quarter.
- Mavericks’ Jason Kidd: 24 points, five rebounds, four assists.
- Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge: 27 points, six rebounds, two assists.
- Key stats: Dallas went to the free throw line 29 times, while Portland went 13 times. Mavericks’ Kidd hit a playoff career-best six 3-pointers while the Blazers went 2-16 from the three point line.
- “They want me to be aggressive,” Kidd said. “We all know that Dirk and Jet (Jason Terry) are offensive guys and they put the ball up. But in the playoffs you have to have other guys step up and score and I know that our opponents are going to give me that jump shot and I have to be able to knock it down.”
- “Dirk came alive,” Portland center Marcus Camby said. “We know we let one get away, but we can’t let this one linger.”
- Mavericks lead series 1-0. Next game Tuesday April 19 at 9:30PM in Dallas.