1. Amir Carraway is the real deal. He could play at a high major university. The junior who filled the statsheet for Chico State last season is poised for a breakout year for the nationally ranked Wildcats. Against Arizona he had 13 points and 3 boards.
2. Kaleb Tarczewski was the consensus No. 7 player in the class of 2012. The 7-footer played 18 minutes against Chico State but fouled out while failing to record a single rebound. He also had three turnovers and zero assists.
3. A big question mark for Arizona this season will be how well transfer Mark Lyons fits in with the Wildcats. An extremely high volume player at Xavier, he needs to work better with his teammates. Against Chico State he led the team in shots, but only by one. He was also a very efficient 7-9 and scored 20 points. The only red flag was 4 turnovers, but he's still learning how to distribute.
4. Arizona attempted 43 free throws. They haven't attempted more in a regular season game since January 2009, when they shot 51 in a 106-97 win over Washington.
5. This was a 74 possession game and Arizona only turned it over 12 times, which was 16.2% of their possessions. Last year, that 16.2% would have been the 8th best in the nation for an entire season. Arizona was 98th in the nation last year, averaging turnovers on 19% of their trips.