1. Ohio State attempted 59 shots. None of them came from a bench player. There was not a single field goal or free throw attempt by anyone but the starters. Jared Sullinger and Deshaun Thomas combined to shoot 8-33 (24%) from the field.
2. Travis Releford scored 15 points, which is the most he’s scored since early January. He also had four very important points. At the end of the first half he barely beat the buzzer on a lay-up which cut Ohio State’s lead to 9 going into the half. Then, with 2:48 left in the game, he hit a pair of free throws to five the Jayhawks their first lead since 2-0.
3. Junior Elijah Johnson recorded the first double-double of his career. He scored 13 points (11 in the 2nd half) and grabbed a career best 10 rebounds.
4. Jeff Withey had 7 blocks, raising his single season Jayhawks record to 136. He’s blocked 15.1% of all shots when he’s on the floor, which leads the nation.
5. Saturday’s NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship Semifinal attendance was 73,361 – the second-most ever for an NCAA Tournament session and the largest crowd ever to watch the Jayhawks.