1. With the loss Kentucky falls to 8-4. In John Calipari's first three seasons at Kentucky, the Wildcats lost a total of three regular season out-of-conference games. The last time Kentucky lost more than four was in the 2007-08 season. Kentucky's best win this season is on a neutral floor vs Maryland.
2. Kentucky entered the game 276th nationally in free throw %. They made 11-23 vs Louisville (48%). The last time Kentucky made fewer than half their free throws was in their Final Four loss to Connecticut in 2011.
3. Russ Smith had 21 points for Louisville, but it took him 20 shots to get there. Chane Behanon was much more efficient with 20 points on 8-13 shooting from the floor. He finished three points shy of his career high set last year vs Rutgers.
4. The Cardinals attempted a season low seven 3-pointers, making three. Entering today's game, Louisville had attempted seven or fewer 3s in a game just once in the past decade.
5. Louisville won 80-77 in a 71 possession game. The 1.09 points per possession scored by Kentucky was the most by any Louisville opponent this year. On the other side of the ball, only Duke scored more vs Kentucky.