1. With the win Florida Gulf Coast goes to 26-10 on the season. Prior to Andy Enfield's arrival, the Eagles best Division I record was 11-20. In his first season (last year) the Eagles were close to their first ever winning record (15-17). They've gone 14-2 over the past 16 games.
2. Sophomore Brett Comer has saved his best basketball for the right time. In two tournament games he's averaged 12 assists to just 2.5 turnovers, and he established a new career best for assists (14) vs the Aztecs. The two upset wins were the first time in his career that he's had back-to-back double-digit assists.
3. Sherwood Brown was the conference Player of the Year, and is the only senior on FGCU's roster who plays more than half the minutes. In two tournament games he's made 7-12 2s (58%), 5-9 3s (55%), 12-16 FTs (75%), and has averaged 8.5 rebounds.
4. Lost in the #DunkCity hoopla was San Diego State's Jamaal Franklin, who was the best player on the court and may have been playing his final college game. Franklin finished with 20 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals. Also, as expected, he was the epitome of class after the game.
5. FGCU forced 17 turnovers in a 69 possession game. Their 24.6% turnover rate was the fourth worst this season for San Diego State