1. Lorenzo Brown has six points and eight assists, but was 0-2 on 2s and 0-4 on 3s. It was the first time all year he failed to make a field goal. All his points came at the line where he made 6-9. He also turned the ball over 5 times, and has now turned it over at least that much in five of the past ten games.
2. Durand Scott scored 32 points on 12-18 shooting, eclipsing his previous season high of 25 points earlier this season vs Duke. His previous career high was 29 vs North Carolina as a freshman. Scott made 5-8 3s vs the Wolfpack, which is the first time in his career he's made more than four.
3. Miami had just 10 assists on 26 made baskets (38.5% assist rate). On the year Miami generates an assist on 45.% of their baskets, which is 326th in the nation.
4. This was the ACC semi-final, and Miami is now advancing to their first ACC title game since they joined the league in 2004. It is the third time in five years that the ACC final has featured a team from Florida. If Miami wins it will be the first time schools from outside of North Carolina have won back-to-back ACC Titles since 1984-1985.
5. Miami won 81-71 in a 68 possession game. The Hurricanes scored 1.19 points per possession, and only three teams all year have scored more against NC State.