1. With the loss Illinois falls to 7-8 and just about guarantees a Big Ten finish no better than 6th. The top five teams in the conference all have at least 10 conference wins. Michigan is two games back of Indiana and one back of Michigan State.
2. Illinois had just seven assists on 21 made baskets. The Illini are 340th of 347 Division I teams in assist rate. They've been under 40% in seven of 15 Big Ten games, and are averaging an assist on 43% of their made baskets for the season.
3. Trey Burke became the 7th Michigan sophomore to reach 1,000 points scored. He scored 26 points off just 11 shots, and had eights assists to one turnover. In the past three games he is 16-26 on 2s (62%), 8-12 on 3s (67%) and has 17 assists to 3 turnovers.
4. Illinois scored zero fast break points. Michigan scored 10.
5. Michigan won 71-58 in a 62 possession game. Illinois was held to 0.935 points per possession, which was their worst offense in their past eight games. They've only scored fewer per possession three times this season.