1. With the win Wichita State moves to 28-8 on the year, which is one win shy of the program record set two years ago. The 29 wins eclipsed 27 wins from the 1953-54 team (though, they only lost four). This is the 4th straight year Gregg Marshall's Shockers have won at least 25 games. Prior to his arrival Wichita State had never won even 20 games in four straight seasons.
2. Freshman Ron Baker scored in double figures for just the third time this season. He scored 16 points and tied his career best for 3-pointers (4) and rebounds (6). Baker didn't play from December 18th until March 8th due to a stress fracture, and this was his 5th game back (and 2nd straight start).
3. If you are going to knock off a No. 1 seed, it helps to have the best 3-pt shooting game of the season. The Shockers made half their attempts for just the 3rd time this year. The 14 made 3s was one short of the program record established January 4, 2003 against Northern Iowa.
4. Wichita State had assists on 16 of 25 made baskets (64%). On the season they've generated an assist on 56.4% of their field goals, which is 96th in the nation.
5. Gonzaga was able to stay in the game due to 21 offensive rebounds. It was the first time since November 2008 that a Wichita State team allowed an opponent to rebound more than half their own misses.