Updated top 25 for December 2nd.
Just when Arizona State was beginning to stake a claim after jumping out to a 6-0 start with wins at UNLV, and vs Bradley and Marquette, they were crushed in their holiday opener vs Creighton, and then wrapped up that tournament with a bad loss to Miami. That 2nd loss could come back against them in March, as the Hurricanes aren't projected to do much in the ACC.
At the top end of things teams are having a difficult time maintaining their footing. Kansas lost to Villanova on a late bucket in a ballroom, Oklahoma State struggled against Butler and then dropped one to Memphis. Arizona picked up a signature win by beating Duke, and moved up several spots in the rankings. But Villanova was the team of the week, crushing USC in their tourney opener, and then beating Kansas and Iowa to win the Battle 4 Atlantis.
With the early holiday tournaments completed, the next great force in the power shaping of this season is the ACC-Big Ten Challenge which takes place Tuesday and Wednesday.
So where are we now?
1. Michigan State (7-0). Next: Wed vs North Carolina
2. Arizona (7-0). Next: Tue vs Texas Tech
3. Ohio State (6-0). Next: Wed vs Maryland
4. Villanova (7-0). Next: Wed vs Penn
5. Wichita State (8-0). Next: Sat at Oral Roberts
6. Syracuse (7-0). Next: Tue vs Indiana
7. Kentucky (7-1). Next.: Fri vs No. 22 Baylor
8. Wisconsin (8-0). Next: Wed at No. 20 Virginia
9. Kansas (6-1). Next: Sat vs Colorado
10. Connecticut (7-0). Next: Today vs No. 17 Florida
11. Pittsburgh (7-0). Next: Tue vs Penn State
12. Louisville (6-1). Next: Wed vs UMKC
13. Iowa State (5-0). Next: Today vs Auburn
14. Memphis (5-1). Next: Sat vs Northwestern State
15. Oklahoma State (7-1). Next: Fri vs South Carolina
16. Iowa (7-1). Next: Tue vs Notre Dame
17. Florida (6-1). Next: Today at No. 10 UConn
18. Massachussetts (6-0). Next: Tue at Eastern Michigan
19. Dayton (6-1). Next: Wed vs Delaware State
20. Virginia (7-1). Next: Wed vs No. 8 Wisconsin
21. Oregon (7-0). Next: Sun at Ole Miss
22. Baylor (7-1). Next: Fri vs No. 7 Kentucky
23. Duke (6-2). Next: Tue vs Michigan
24. Gonzaga (7-1). Next: Sat vs New Mexico State
25. San Diego State (5-1). Next: Thu at San Diego