This week was actually kind of…unremarkable for long home runs. Well, minus a personal favorite of mine, of course.
1. Juan Francisco vs Junichi Tazawa, 467 feet (April 26th)
For reasons I can’t quite rationally explain, Juan Francisco is one of my favorite players in all of baseball. He tends to do this a lot when he gets a hold of a ball. That’s a bomb to dead center, a few rows up at Rogers Centre. Not a cheap one by any stretch of the imagination.
2. Travis d’Arnaud vs Chad Bettis, 446 feet (May 1st)
This was a largely meaningless homer, coming in the ninth inning of a 7-1 game. But man, this was a blast by d’Arnaud…it landed about three-quarters of the way up the seats in left center at Coors!
3. Matt Adams vs Matt Garza, 442 feet (April 30th)
This shot from Adams almost cleared the front section of seats in right center at Busch Stadium. That’s some serious power, especially against a legitimate pitcher in Matt Garza.
4. Michael Morse vs Carlos Carrasco, 442 feet (April 25th)
This homer may not look like much – after all, it only landed a few rows deep in right center at AT&T Park. But you need to realize how far that part of the stadium is from the plate – this isn’t a Yankee Stadium cheap shot.
5. Justin Upton vs Mike Leake, 440 feet (April 26th)
This homer by Upton just kept going, and going, and going…well, like a lot of his homers do. When he launches one, he *launches* one.
Five longest homers of the year
1. Giancarlo Stanton vs Eric Stults, 484 feet (April 4th)
2. David Ortiz vs Masahiro Tanaka, 482 feet (April 22nd)
3. Justin Upton vs Jenrry Mejia, 477 feet (April 10th)
4. Giancarlo Stanton vs Jonathan Pettibone, 469 feet (April 12th)
5. Francisco vs Tazawa, 467 feet (April 26th)
Michael Morse, 3
Giancarlo Stanton, 3
Mark Trumbo, 2
Justin Upton, 2
Matt Adams, 1
Pedro Alvarez, 1
Jose Bautista, 1
Xander Bogaerts, 1
Travis d’Arnaud, 1
Chris Davis, 1
Ian Desmond, 1
Prince Fielder, 1
Juan Francisco, 1
Todd Frazier, 1
Carlos Gonzalez, 1
Junior Lake, 1
David Ortiz, 1
Josmil Pinto, 1
Buster Posey, 1