Right after the Super Bowl, we gave you our view of the top 10 teams in the league and juxtaposed those thoughts with the Las Vegas odds that had already been released for next year's Super Bowl. Now, we have a chance to update our rankings with free agency and the draft complete, and it just so happens that the sharks in Vegas have some fresh odds as well.
Here's a look at the 10 teams that should be considered the best in the league right now:
1. Denver Broncos (Vegas odds: 15-to-2, 2nd in NFL): Wasn't thrilled with what they did in the draft, but even with the Elvis Dumervil debacle the Broncos got much better this offseason. That's scary. Their odds increased slightly from 8-to-1.
2. San Francisco 49ers (6-to-1, 1st): Add Anquan Boldin to that team, as well as a ton of draft picks for depth, and this is what you get. Their odds increased from 7-to-1.
3. New England Patriots (8-to-1, 3rd): I don't think going from Wes Welker to Danny Amendola hurts, but it definitely doesn't feel like they got better. Their odds dropped from 6-to-1.
4. Seattle Seahawks (9-to-1, 4th): Love the addition of Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril and Antoine Winfield to the defense. Plus, Percy Harvin. Their odds shot up from 12-to-1.
5. Green Bay Packers (12-to-1, 5th): Green Bay jumps ahead of Baltimore after the Ravens were crushed by free agency. But the odds actually dropped from 10-to-1.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (35-to-1, 16th): Cincy had a real nice draft and held it down in free agency. Really feeling these guys. Strangely, their odds dropped from 30-to-1.
7. Atlanta Falcons (12-to-1, 5th): Vegas thinks Atlanta's chances are the same as Green Bay's. After the Falcons had a tough go in free agency, I don't buy that. Their odds increased from 16-to-1.
8. Chicago Bears (20-to-1, 11th): When healthy, the Bears are one of the best teams in this league. They had a good run in free agency and a solid draft. Their odds increased substantially from 30-to-1.
9. Houston Texans (18-to-1, 7th): Love the defense, but something about Houston just doesn't do it for me. Maybe DeAndre Hopkins will change things. Their odds dropped from 10-to-1.
10. Washington Redskins (28-to-1, 13th): They edge out their division rivals because they survived free agency and had a nice draft and Robert Griffin III is on the right track thus far. Their odds increased from 30-to-1.
The rest of the odds (via Rich Tandler):
New Orleans Saints 18/1
Baltimore Ravens 20/1
New York Giants 20/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
Dallas Cowboys 28/1
Philadelphia Eagles 30/1
Indianapolis Colts 35/1
Detroit Lions 40/1
Miami Dolphins 40/1
Minnesota Vikings 40/1
San Diego Chargers 40/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 40/1
Carolina Panthers 50/1
Kansas City Chiefs 50/1
St. Louis Rams 60/1
Cleveland Browns 75/1
New York Jets 75/1
Arizona Cardinals 100/1
Buffalo Bills 100/1
Oakland Raiders 100/1
Tennessee Titans 100/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 200/1