As we say goodnight to Thursday and prepare for the weekend, here’s a look at the top unrestricted free agents still left on the open market:
1. C.J. Spiller: Between 2011 and 2013, the man averaged 5.3 yards per carry, which was more than any other qualified back in football. Where’s the love? I guess it doesn’t help that he’s a running back in a passing league.
2. Greg Hardy: Yes, there are obvious character concerns and he’ll likely be suspended for a couple games, but the 26-year-old did have 15 sacks during a Pro Bowl 2013 season.
3. Percy Harvin: Again, so much talent. If he can just find the right environment and stay on the field, the 26-year-old could be back in the Pro Bowl.
4. Rolando McClain: The former first-round pick really revived his career last year in Dallas, frequently standing out and becoming a leader in the middle for the Cowboys. I’m sure there are trust issues here, but McClain has a high ceiling and looks to be a reliable starter going forward. He’s also only 25 years old.
5. Stefen Wisniewski: A potential long-term option at center who struggled a bit in 2014 but is a strong run blocker and has at times looked dominant. He’s still only 25.
6. Chris Culliver: The 26-year-old was PFF’s 13th-highest-rated cornerback in 2014.
7. Vince Wilfork: He may be 33 but he really did have a bounce-back season last year and could make a huge difference in the right spot.
8. Tramon Williams: He’ll turn 32 in three days, but that’s the only thing hurting Williams’ cause. Dude posts positive grades from Pro Football Focus year in and year out and he’s missed only one game since 2007.
9. Nick Fairley: He’s had injury issues, but the former first-round pick has the pedigree to turn it around. He’s only 27.
10. Brian Orakpo: Former Pro Bowler hasn’t been able to shake pectoral injuries, but if he can stay healthy the 28-year-old can be a star.