1. After the loss NC State is now 5-5 in the ACC. Both the coaches and the media picked NC State to finish No. 1 in the conference. Run the Floor politely disagreed. The good news for State fans is that the Wolfpack have played the third toughest conference schedule according to Pomeroy, and they don't play Duke, Miami or Virginia the rest of the way.
2. Depth has been an issue all year with NCSU. Versus Duke seven players played, but Jordan Vandenberg only played 2 minutes. Tyler Lewis played 39 minutes, after playing 36 on Saturday.
3. Mason Plumlee had 30 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Plumlee set his career high with 32 points vs Wake Forest last Wednesday, and this was his 2nd career game with 30 or more. He also made 12-16 free throws, and is 20 for his last 26 (77%).
4. Duke made 10-17 3s in the first half. In their last game (vs Florida State) they made 11-18 in the game. So over three halves of basketball Duke made 21-35 3s (60%). The three halves which sandwiched this streak included 2-14 shooting in the Wake game, and 0-7 in the 2nd half of this game, for a combined 2-21 (9.5%).
5. Duke scored 98 points in 70 possessions. The 1.40 points per possession was not only their high for the season, but their highest since scoring 1.43 vs Western Michigan in December, 2011. The last time NCSU gave up that much was in Decemeber 2010, when Wisconsin scored 1.43 ppp.