1. Creighton began the conference season 6-0 in the Missouri Valley. Wichita State was one game back, and everyone else had at least two losses. If Creighton won at Wichita State, then the race would have been a huge uphill battle for the Shockers. For now, circle March 2nd on your calendars, as that is when these two teams meet again.
2. The Jays made just 10-17 free throws, while Wichita State struggled to 9-19. For Creighton, it was the 4th time this year they've failed to make at least 2/3 of their free throws. For the Shockers it was their first time in 148 games where they failed to make at least half their FTs.
3. Creighton turned the ball over 14 times, which amounted to 22% of their possessions. This was their 3rd worst performance of the season. Wichita State entered the game 101st nationally in forcing turnovers.
4. Carl Hall – if for some reason you were unaware – is a beast. He had 17 points and 13 boards vs the Jays which is his 5th double-double of the year (in 12 games). Six of his rebounds were offensive, which should be no surprise as he is the best offensive rebounder in the MVC, grabbing 14.5% of his team's misses.
5. The Shockers were able to win despite making just 4-23 3s. The only time they've made fewer this season was when they made three vs Virginia Commonwealth.